Monday, August 2, 2010

Rules

#1 Don't lie to me.
#2 No Tickling.
#3 No picking me up.
#4 No cheating.
#5 No disapearing without notice.
#6 If there's something that I do that bothers you tell me calmly.
#7 Be patient while I change the things I do wrong.
#8 Don't believe that just because my expectations are impossibly high you're viewed as a failure.
#9 Remember me.
#10 Believe me when I say 'I love you'.
#11 If you must leave me do it quickly. Don't lead me on, or try to be friends.
#12 I will believe, hope, want, and express things that are far into the future. I will not expect them to happen imediately and I don't want you to stress about them. I just need to say them out loud.
#13 Hold me when I cry.
#14 No faking it.
#15 I will forgive you, if you will forgive me and we agree to never do it again.
#16 There will be more rules.
#17 If I give you my loyalty I expect your love and devotion in return.
#18 Nothing comes without a price.
#19 Don't lose the connection by going some place else. Give me your thoughts, and help me help you.
#20 You will give me the inner most piece of you. I will make it worth your while, but if you expect me to stick around forever you will give it to me.
#21 Talk to me.
#22 Discuss big decisions with me. Things like cars, houses, trips, career changes are big devisions. We should make them together.
#23 Listen to my feelings. I wont expect you to fix all of them, but it will help you understand me. And allow me to let them go.
#24 Give me your thoughts.
#25 Need me.
#26 Tell me you need me.
#27 Be articulate. Even if it's only when you give me your thoughts.
#28 I don't like games, I'm assuming you don't either. Be direct. It elliminates the 'game' aspect of things and keeps it all very clear. No room for interpertations, assumptions, or miscommunications.
#29 Love me or set me free. Playing me like a yo-yo may seem to work for you, but it does not work for me. It should only take you a moment to decide who you want.
#30 If we are in this for the Eternities I AM YOUR FAMILY. I shouldn't have to compete with the extended family for your attention. Build your traditions and life with me and I will give you everything you could imagine. Continue to go back and I will leave you behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment