Friday, May 7, 2010

As Yet Untitled

It is a strange place to be when you recognize that you have no loyalties to your family, or its standard. When the things that drew you all together are no longer the motivating factor in your life. To be able to look at them and say, truely, honestly, I do not feel for you the sense of comitment and unfettered devotion I did. Words could probably not exclaim the deepest depths of the casim that has seperated us. The inhibited understanding and lack of candor are just the tip of the mountian peaks. I no longer feel tied to the eternal bonds of family. Knowing that regardless of who I have become I will always been the same in your eyes leaves me no reason to come home. I wonder, as I set out on this newest adventure if I will ever return. I begin to think not and can trace that thought all the way back to the words that were said, and the ones left unspoken. We are not nice to each other. We dial down the affection we so desperately need, and desire; cutting off the ones who could truely help us. Unable to see past the mistakes made and the hardships endured to know that sometimes, every now and again, even children grow up to be people. It is hard though, when you've raised someone as your own, to see them as an equal. So I bid fondest fairwells, and brightest blessing. I will return for my Mother, perhaps one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment