Friday, April 23, 2010

The Plot Thickens

Much like a good gravey every plot thickens.
At times I have wondered at the phenomenon of Love. I really do believe that it's more an involuntary reaction to a need for physical contact. When in need of male/female attention we are inclined to find ourselves a companion to fill that void. We find that 'special someone' who will cuddle up on the couch with us and watch a movie. Or we go to bed with them like idiots so we can put freezing hands and feet on them and warm them up. Sometimes we take them out and show them off knowing they'll cling to our arm and make us look good.
I wonder what would happen if the world was just honest about it. " hey! I need some male/female attention! who's gonna fix this tonight?". . . oh wait, that's what happens at bars and night clubs. I guess I forgot. Of course it's a much more subtle way of saying it there. The Coy glances, the flirtaciously killer smile. If everyone knows that they're purpose in your life is simply to fullfill this need do they feel used though? I think not. I believe that when we know our place or roll in someone's life we are much happier. When we have a purpose and an intended use we are much more at ease. There are no awkward tensions, and no misread signs. It's al very straight forward and simple. I know a group of men who know that the only reason they're around is to flirt when flirting is needed, protect when protection is needed, and give long strng hugs when touch is needed. It's amazing how well they perform these duties free of any complaint. Knowing that that's all it is and nothing more is needed they perform with the percision of a neuro-surgen. No need for gooey lovey-dovey sappiness. No fake "I love you"s. It's a very cymbiotic relationship. Lucky for a Little Girl, it seems to be working just fine. Even if it is almost clinical in nature. A prescription filled only when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment